Search the forum,

Discuss Need design advice - double combi + tanks in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Need some recommendations for a large new build. (400m2)

3 showers, 5 handbasins, 2 baths, 5 WC's, 4 sinks, 2 dishwashers, 2 washing machines.

32mm incoming main at just over 3 bar.
mains gas.

The spec is:
Limitless hot water
full pressure for 3 simultaneous showers (15 lpm each) with zero pressure drop if basins/sink/washing machine etc used.
heating at same time as above

What setup could achieve this best ?

thanks

If it is a new build, I would look at ground or air source heat pumps with either solar thermal or voltaic feeding a suitably sized thermal store.

With respect to hot water - if that is genuinely the specification you need to achieve - it needs to be properly designed. In my experience - to offer a performance guarantee, it will probably need to be driven by a pumped accumulator.

With systems of this scale ask your designer/ installer for references, visit at least one and ask the owner what they think of it.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
That is why the design is important. 3 years ago we retrofitted a 10 bedroomed boutique hotel in Woodstock - with ASHP, thermal solar (to maximise RHI) and 34KW if solar voltaic. Other than an open log fire there are no other heat sources - it is never had a problem even at minus 6 C.

The ASHP - high heat technology available now, would give the system even greater security of supply, at a lower capital cost

Break tank and pump
Accumulator for the toilets

Two Rinnai’s in parallel

heating what’s the load eg kw also ufh etc

thanks, could you explain it a little how it would work ?

break tank and pump would do the baths, showers / high demand items

the 400l accumulator would do the toilets, sinks etc low demand items

the Rinnai’s would be fed from the break tank and pump, also secondary return loop so instant / near instant hot water is accessible

What is the kw rating off the ufh

sounds a great solution, will find out the kwh of the ufh but a normal combi copes with it no problem apparently.

recommend a firm to design and fit the system in Worcestershire ?

sounds a great solution, will find out the kwh of the ufh but a normal combi copes with it no problem apparently.

recommend a firm to design and fit the system in Worcestershire ?
Would go air source if you can but over spec it and run a buffer

tbh your best bet is a commercial plumbing and heating

most domestics don’t go that advanced

it won’t be cheap but it will work to your spec

2 x HD 200 Rinnnai units and a 315 litre cylinder will give you near 2000 litres of hot water per hour.
All you need to worry about is the mains pressure to achieve what you want.

Expensive system - but performs and achieves.
Contact Rinnai to help design a system to your requirements.
They are helpful and back up their design with a guarantee

Miss read post - thought you said 8 showers.
1 Rinnai & 250 ltr or 315 ltr tank would be suitable.

In all honesty, you shouldn't be asking advice on a public forum with the specs you have.
If you have doubts about you ability to design a system to the specs required, get some professional help.

I'm not doubting you can do the work, but designing the system may be beyond you.

I only work for a couple of builders now and on the larger projects, I get them to get a design by a Consultant.
Takes a lot of stress off the job as you only have to follow plans provided.

Miss read post - thought you said 8 showers.
1 Rinnai & 250 ltr or 315 ltr tank would be suitable.

In all honesty, you shouldn't be asking advice on a public forum with the specs you have.
If you have doubts about you ability to design a system to the specs required, get some professional help.

I'm not doubting you can do the work, but designing the system may be beyond you.

I only work for a couple of builders now and on the larger projects, I get them to get a design by a Consultant.
Takes a lot of stress off the job as you only have to follow plans provided.
thanks , im not a plumber! Just want to make sure im speccing the right thing. Could you dm me the consultant you use, no problem paying for a spec!

thanks

No.
You want to provide plumbing specifications for a house with 3 showers and you come to an open plumbing forum.
Any domestic plumber should be able to quote on the specifications you require.
If you can't find a domestic plumber that can size and install a system you require - keep looking.
It's not that hard!

Best bet is direct to a manufacturer or a consulting design firm.

You want peace of mind that once installed it meets your requirements.

Out of interest what's the flow out the main litres/minute

Best bet is direct to a manufacturer or a consulting design firm.

You want peace of mind that once installed it meets your requirements.

Out of interest what's the flow out the main litres/minute

thanks, I'll be putting the main in so I could goto 63mm.

thanks for the advise for manufacturer, any particular good ones to speak to ?

Reply to Need design advice - double combi + tanks in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
M
Hey, just looking for a little feedback on the mock up I drew. I’m adding a washing machine and a double vanity to a 2” pipe I’ll have mounted into my main drain stack. For the vent off of the vanity, is it necessary? I’ve seen an “all hub 90” that would give me pipe to both vanities, but...
Replies
Views
Marc m
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock