Search the forum,

Discuss Need altered or ok to leave this ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
So I came across an Ariston 10l water heater earlier.
I noticed the D2 pipework has a bend around 100mm down from the tundish and the 3bar comes off the end of a tee of which the branch enters the heater rather than that tee being an elbow and the 3 bar tee’d off the pipe before it.
My boss said just leave it it’ll be fine.
Thoughts ?

Although it would be nice to have the 300mm to the first bend there is no requirement as this applies to a tun-dish with a Temperature discharge. This is because a lot of water has to be pasted through the heater (well not a 10L) to reduce the internal temperature & this would back up & splash out.
All you would get from a PRV is a dribble which would be enough to reduce the pressure.

Although it would be nice to have the 300mm to the first bend there is no requirement as this applies to a tun-dish with a Temperature discharge. This is because a lot of water has to be pasted through the heater (well not a 10L) to reduce the internal temperature & this would back up & splash out.
All you would get from a PRV is a dribble which would be enough to reduce the pressure.
Yeah I didn’t see it causing any issues but I knew it wasn’t rite so I found the manual online and that says still to have the 300mm, and it has a line diagram with controls showing the PRV tee’d into the main before the last elbow rather than the last elbow being a tee with the valve off that.
Just wanted some second opinions.

This is the difference between understanding the principles & slavishly following instructions & I am glade you are interested enough to follow it up JT.

Pressure is uniform across the pipework system so as long as there are no valve in between the source of expansion & the safety valve in theory it could be placed anywhere.

This is the difference between understanding the principles & slavishly following instructions & glade you are interested enough to follow it up JT.

Pressure is uniform across the pipework system so as long as there are no valve in between the source of expansion & the safety valve in theory it could be placed anywhere.
I agree, although if it was my job I’d have done it how the MI states.. I prob wouldn’t even have looked twice at the Prv if I didn’t look up the manual to confirm about the D2 pipe and see the diagram :rolleyes:

Reply to Need altered or ok to leave this ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
T
Hi I am hoping for some help please. I am newly qualified to unvented and did my g3 about 10 weeks ago. I am gas registered not that this matters. I have corrected some issues with a rointe electric unvented cylinder in an apartment...sorted the balanced cold ,new expansion vessel sized...
Replies
Views
timmytank
T
I know this topic has been thrashed out quite a few times however every situation is different and unique, so here is my story, its a little long but wanted to add some backgroun information first. My property is a end semi-detached, has an Ariston Micro Genus Combi 23 MFFI with 9 radiators (5...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. This is my first post on here so please excuse if I'm not au fait with the procedure - I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but I'm sure someone will put me straight soon enough ;) About me - I'm not a plumber, I'm a chippie and only resort to doing plumbing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock