Search the forum,

Discuss Need advice on how to turn off cold water value to washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I need to disconnect my washing machine for several days however i am confused on how to turn off the cold water flow to the washing machine. I have taken a photo. There is no lever from what i can see. Do anyone know what i need to do with this?
IMG_20191014_212737.jpg

The plastic lever has fallen off , you should be able to turn it off with a pair of grips or pliers

Thank you! I took a pair a pliers there now and it is letting me turn it. It is a very difficult location to turn. Do you know if i can get a spare lever in screwfix or a plumbing store? Not sure what i need to purchase.

screwfix will sell the complete valve , you cant just buy the plastic lever.
Most will fit enough to move it though . Ideally the whole valve wants changing.

1. Sometimes, particularly on cheap valves, the plastic lever comes so close to the nylon nut at the end of the washing machine hose that the nut cannot be done up tightly enough, and so it leaks.
2. You could measure the width across the flats of the valve stem (the brass bit) and buy a cheap open-ended spanner of the correct size. Tie a bit of string to the spanner and the pipework and it is there next time you need it.

Reply to Need advice on how to turn off cold water value to washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock