Search the forum,

Discuss Need a gas engineer to fit a secondary/additional emergency control valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reubs007

Hi all,

British Gas came to service the boiler recently in my flat. The engineer wanted to check the meter but when I told him it was locked away in my neighbour's cellar, he said I had to either move the meter or get an emergency control valve fitted in my flat.

The good news is that there's an access panel where the gas pipework comes into my flat. The bad news according to the engineer was that it was old style pipework and therefore very difficult to fit this valve.

I am looking for a gas engineer who can fit this valve (if it is doable!). I am in London E8.

Many thanks!

Thanks for the opportunity.

If this job interests you please PM the op direct.

He also has another thread running on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a gas engineer to fit a secondary/additional emergency control valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
T
I am fitting a 80 lt back up emersion, flat tank it's back up while I interview the existing gas boiler, mechanically not gas wise. I only have 14 mm pipes up stairs the run to shower is 2m for hot and cold pipes. There is no chance to fit a larger supply pipe. I am aware of press reduction...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock