Search the forum,

Discuss Narrow Gas fire needed for existing fireplace opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan_Jeans

Fire needed: I have a fireplace opening that is 380mm wide by 500mm high. I have a gas safe plumber to fit a living flame type fire if I can find one small enough to fit it - Does anyone know of such a fire. It doesn't need to be anything fancy.

<br>Thanks Alex. Much appreciated. I've seen a few fires at that size but when you read the PDF manuals, they state that the minimum clearance required is 405mm - Will the fire in the link you sent definitely fit?

<br>Thanks Alex. Much appreciated. I've seen a few fires at that size but when you read the PDF manuals, they state that the minimum clearance required is 405mm - Will the fire in the link you sent definitely fit?
Sorry, talk to your gasman. He should be able to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Narrow Gas fire needed for existing fireplace opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders opening in my 1930 ex-council house. And surprisingly, did find some pipes inside. Two look like water - those have been cut, and those are like side...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock