Search the forum,

Discuss Name that fitting: 3/4" LCS to 15mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moleman

As the title suggests, I know what I want, I'm going to have to go out to a merchant tommorrow (on a god dam sunday) and ask for one, I just wanted to be pre-armed with a name and not start some Lionel Blair "give us a clue" mimes.

it's a compression fitting, a large plastic thing, I've used one before one half's white the other black (if that helps) you just slide your pipes in either side and twist up.

(in a nut shell, just noticed in an out building, the stand pipe/occasional supply tap has popped following yestedays -7C temp. The LCS pipe stands up 1.5m, then a threaded elbow, where this threaded joint connects to a wee LCS reducer to start the MDPE 15mm pipe run it's spurting. Instead of messing around rejointing and maybe threading, I thought if I just hacksaw it off and slide on a compression fitting I could save myself some trouble - especially as this water supply is seldom ever used, and will be removed in the new year)

If you've got any suggestions other than what I'm thinking, I'll be very happy to hear them.

Many thanks

erm look in screwfix
... thanks.

But to "narrow down" the search in screwfix, can anyone offer a name of a fitting?

I've got an open trench in my garden with one of these fittings installed on a 3/4" LCS to 22mm MDPE - here's a picture

63436_171023042928488_100000623816335_445257_6517370_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its a poly to copper
is it a mdpe male adaptor/mdpe female adaptor 25mm*3/4"
or is it a mdpe reducing cupler 20mm/25mm
spent 8monthes working for a firm fitting water mains digger driver
its the reducing cupler m8 just looked at pic agen sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Name that fitting: 3/4" LCS to 15mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to cap off an old lead water pipe in the garden as I have an new MDPE pipe water supply. I have a Screwfix FLOMASTA COMPRESSION REDUCING LEAD TO COPPER COUPLER 7LB 1 X 15MM (53125) A piece of 15 mm copper pipe. A FLOMASTA SOLDER RING STOP ENDS 15MM 10 PACK (68435) Obviously just one of...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've only just registered on this forum and hope there is someone out there that can help. I've just dismantled an old kitchen in our house ready for a new one to be installed. In the process, i unearthed a stopcock connected to the incoming water supply pipe which comes up in the middle of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Firstly, sorry if this is a simple or silly question, I'm a plumbing virgin so want to get it right. We have a water supply at our allotment using 1 inch mdpe pipe and brass taps, that we screw on a hose adapter, then fit a normal hose pipe to water our plots with. I want to...
Replies
Views
M
I have a 3/4" bore lead water supply pipe. I have cut it back to where it enters the house. I wish to feed my house system via a whole house water filter, including the combi boiler. The static pressure is just under 4 bar. Should I use 22mm pipe to and from the whole house filter? I also...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock