Search the forum,

Discuss mystery pressure loss. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
baxi duo tec combi he, 24kw, losing pressure, filling up every other day,no obvious signs,any ideas.

Pump up pressure and isolate flow and return valve, to see if you still get the drop.

Hi desrob ... You've gotto check the expansion vessel 1st to rule it out ... should be around 0.7Bar atmospheric! If it's lost it's charge it'll give the symptoms mentioned :)

Could be the heat ex, going through the condense. Not seen it before and I work on them all the time, but possible. I had 1 the other day and there was a very slight leak in the loft on a thumb vent causing the pressure lose.

If it's every other day and the EV is charged thats quite a bit of water loss desrob.... As sugested pressurise and turn off the iso's ... also check out the condensate trap/pipes. Obviously the pipe from the HEX should only be running water when the boiler is on. If running when off then its the main hex yeh? :)

If it's every other day and the EV is charged thats quite a bit of water loss desrob.... As sugested pressurise and turn off the iso's ... also check out the condensate trap/pipes. Obviously the pipe from the HEX should only be running water when the boiler is on. If running when off then its the main hex yeh? :)
yeah i was going to ask you were this lost water is going if the ev is charged or not,condensate operating normally

Could be the heat ex, going through the condense. Not seen it before and I work on them all the time, but possible. I had 1 the other day and there was a very slight leak in the loft on a thumb vent causing the pressure lose.

That's what my money's on

yeah i was going to ask you were this lost water is going if the ev is charged or not,condensate operating normally

Not sure what you mean here desrob "condensate operating normally"? However if you mean nothing running out of it when off Then suspect the system.... However it's worth running the "iso off" check but you need your custards okay obviously! They have to put up with the inconvenience :) Only other possibility is a blocked supply to EV? Not impossible by-the-way :)

Internal h/e Leak dribbling through condi pipe.

Although, one to check, open sys converted to sealed sys, cold feed capped at header tank. The redundant but still live cold feed developed a few hairline cracks/leaks. Trying to find the drop in pressure was a nightmare considering I didn't expect that pipe to be there never mind being live

Internal h/e Leak dribbling through condi pipe.

Although, one to check, open sys converted to sealed sys, cold feed capped at header tank. The redundant but still live cold feed developed a few hairline cracks/leaks. Trying to find the drop in pressure was a nightmare considering I didn't expect that pipe to be there never mind being live
wow...!

I didn't expect that pipe to be there never mind being live

I know what you mean. The laziness of some guys.
Did a powerflush last week, where thepeople had only been there a few years.
Anyway before they moved in the previous owner had installed a megaflo. They basically capped cold to the cwsc, and fitted the megaflo in place of the old vented one.
Up I goes into the loft to isolate f and e tank, and discover all of this pipework just sitting there.
Anyway whilst flush is going on, I say to the lady customer about it, and offered free of charge to remove all redundant pipes.

KerchingÂŁÂŁÂŁ

Last edited by a moderator:
heat ex or vent, don't even know what a thumb vent is and why in the loft ?

The pipework ran up in to the loft and fed the rads from above. It was an upstairs flat. A thumb vent it a manual vent you open to let the air out. Mainly found at the highest point on a heating system and much more common on open vented systems.

any pipes in a concrete floor this prime suspect due to corrosion

The pipework ran up in to the loft and fed the rads from above. It was an upstairs flat. A thumb vent it a manual vent you open to let the air out. Mainly found at the highest point on a heating system and much more common on open vented systems.
thanks for the lesson i now know that when someone refers to a thumb vent, they are refering to a manual vent, the job of said vent is to expel unwanted air and they are placed at the highest point in the system(not sure why)or is it because air is forced upward because of the weight of the water being heavier,hence air at high points..

have you checked the pressure relief pipe when the heating is on? and when it is off .
copper pipe turned into wall on outside of building.

do you have a manual for the boiler? go outside your house and have a look. for a pipe turned into the wall.
look under boiler and see if one of the pipes is going through wall to outside size of pipe 15mm go and have look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mystery pressure loss. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock