Search the forum,

Discuss Mystery boiler problem pls help!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smcmorrow

MYSTERY BOILER PROBLEM PLS HELP!!?

hello
i live in a privated rented house. For the last 6 months there has been something wrong with the boiler. it started as a hot water problem in that it just wouldnt give any SOMETIMES (this word is the key) then the boiler would just conk out (sorry dont know what other word to use) but it just stops working completly and has a red flasing light. When this happens i reset it for 5 secs and sometimes it works and sometimes not. (more often not) My landlord has sent HIS plumber out at least 10-15 times and out of so many times it mocks me and starts working as soon as he resets it. on 2 or 3 times has it not worked for him and he has changed some parts inculding curcit board one of the poliot lights and a part for the hot water.

This has been the most stressful thing i have a young baby and being winter cannot stay in the house when its not working so have to stay with parents and everytime it seems to work for a day or two and we arrange to go home it goes again and we cant. its got to the point where i cant trust it enough to live there and the landlord thinks im lying and the plumber laughs at me!!! I am currently trying to move but even at best this will take a month or more and staying with my parents is becoming unbearable!

I have videos and pics of the boiler which i made just to remind myself im not going crazy!
any plumbers out there pls help any advice would be massivly appriciated! if you need any further info no probs

thank you

To be honest, intermittent faults are the hardest thing to fix. Identifying the problem over the net is next to impossible.

It sounds as though your landlords plumber isn't too good at fault finding on boilers (if he really has been out 15 times and that's not an exaggeration).

Possibly ask Landlord to provide a different plumber as you don't have much faith in the one who's been so many times?

i understand i was just trying to get some insight so i can put it to the plumber to make him realise im not lying or crazy! i appriciate your help thanku. with regards to asking landlord for another plumber i cant because i dont actually speak with him i have to go through a agent. is there any more info i could give you to maybe help you have a little brainstorm as to what it might be just so i can put it to them?

And it may be cheaper in the long run to get a fresh person to look at it instead of the same guy just replacing parts in the hope of the fault going away.

theres lots of things it could be thats the problem if he has been out that many times than maybe suggest Heateam on a fixed price repair

Last edited:
As well as chasing your agent to get the problem fixed, I would suggest keeping a log of each time it stops working, response times from the agent/plumber and even the temperature within the house.
If the house is too cold to stay in, then the agent should be doing something as a matter of urgency!

Please pay attention to the very large announcement at the top of the plumbing forum about posting anything gas or heating related here. Thank you.

most of the older baxis have different read light indicating different faults. the manual will tell what each light is and what fault is indicated, so you can relay the information to your plumber, if you dont have a manual hit the baxii website for documentation to pull it off as a pdf or google it and you may be licky and find a free manuals site. Other suggestion to publish where you are and see if one of this lot will visit, if they do and they repair it you could pass the bill back to your land lord for his perusal and payment, along with the new guys details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery boiler problem pls help!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock