Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Mysterious loss of pressure on Vaillant EcoPro? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

cheers for that. In a house with two teenagers and a gerbil, that's easier said than done :) . Leak guy is coming back tomorrow, I will suggest it to him (although he's already spent a day here with us all being out, and with sensitive microphones, and still not found it.
My money is in the under block and beam floor...so install a couple of ball o fix 22mm or 15 mm where the flow and return go in and out.Turn them to off. Put a pressure test on 2 bar for 24 hrs and see what happens if it holds its under the floor if it drops then let me know... two ballo fix dead cheap and take them out when you are sorted. Microphones huh window dressing for the desperate in my opinion !
centralheatking

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
My money is in the under block and beam floor...so install a couple of ball o fix 22mm or 15 mm where the flow and return go in and out.Turn them to off. Put a pressure test on 2 bar for 24 hrs and see what happens if it holds its under the floor if it drops then let me know... two ballo fix dead cheap and take them out when you are sorted. Microphones huh window dressing for the desperate in my opinion !
centralheatking
Thanks. Already have lever valves installed to F&R and have set these to off overnight, pressure maintained for 8-10 hours with no drop, so it must be under the floor.

Thanks. Already have lever valves installed to F&R and have set these to off overnight, pressure maintained for 8-10 hours with no drop, so it must be under the floor.
Put a camera and a life jacket on the gerbil and make it earn its keep. So you know where the leak its not nice. How much depth below the block and beam set up ? forget the mic idea not even nasa will pick it up under block and beam and you know its there anyway. put a diagram up of the layout, rads and the bulding generally.
chking

Put a camera and a life jacket on the gerbil and make it earn its keep. So you know where the leak its not nice. How much depth below the block and beam set up ?
chking
It's a suspended wood beam floor, depth to ground is up to 80cm in places. But the pipework is new (plastic pushfit), and isn't that deep under the insulation, maybe 30-40cm at most (it's a new extension)

Stigster

Esteemed
Plumber
Microphones huh window dressing for the desperate in my opinion !
centralheatking
I respectfully disagree. Nothing wrong with using the old Mk. I eyeballs and earholes but if the microphone can pick up something the old meaty bits can't it's still a win and the leak is found either way (hopefully!).

I respectfully disagree. Nothing wrong with using the old Mk. I eyeballs and earholes but if the microphone can pick up something the old meaty bits can't it's still a win and the leak is found either way (hopefully!).
my money is on the gerbill plan !
Post automatically merged:

It's a suspended wood beam floor, depth to ground is up to 80cm in places. But the pipework is new (plastic pushfit). So just make a few traps, or is your floor lovely or laminated ? chking

Last edited:
my money is on the gerbill plan !
Post automatically merged:
It's newly fitted laminate (last 5 months). Not glued however. Not block n beam, but just wooden joists, planking and chipboards over insulation, then two thin 2mm layers of under-floor membrane (foam/plastic), then laminate on top. Sorry no diagrams available

You can buy a stethoscope off Amazon for under 5 pounds. I have used 1 for similar reasons. An automotive stethoscope is great for detecting flow in a pipe you can't access.

Reply to Mysterious loss of pressure on Vaillant EcoPro? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor