Search the forum,

Discuss My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folk got a leaking boiler, WB greenstar combi. Has anyone had this before? Drips on the outside of the boiler.... was recently serviced and all seemed ok then. Thanks!
[automerge]1579987904[/automerge]
Is this difficult or expensive to sort out?
[automerge]1579987976[/automerge]
I dropped the pressure to just over 1 bar as it was nearly 2 bar. Hopefully that helps.

Attachments

• 20200123_172620.jpg
    20200123_172620.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200123_172625.jpg
    20200123_172625.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200123_172630.jpg
    20200123_172630.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes, loads of plastic in a Bosh. Pinhole, is my guess. Seen it a few times. Not too bad for parts and to change over.

I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted!
[automerge]1579989703[/automerge]
I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted! What is likely to actually be leaking?

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
[automerge]1579991323[/automerge]
But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
Are vaillants better? I've never had a vaillant.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a GSR.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer'.
I am an engineer but not done this before!
[automerge]1579993863[/automerge]
I am an engineer but not done this before!
Can they just be a RE and not a professional?

Pretty sure I typed G S R and it changed it for me? Anyway, it is held together with clips.
[automerge]1579995341[/automerge]
GSR
[automerge]1579995385[/automerge]
Yes, defo changes G.S.R to GSR

Reply to My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock