Search the forum,

Discuss My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folk got a leaking boiler, WB greenstar combi. Has anyone had this before? Drips on the outside of the boiler.... was recently serviced and all seemed ok then. Thanks!
[automerge]1579987904[/automerge]
Is this difficult or expensive to sort out?
[automerge]1579987976[/automerge]
I dropped the pressure to just over 1 bar as it was nearly 2 bar. Hopefully that helps.

Attachments

• 20200123_172620.jpg
    20200123_172620.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200123_172625.jpg
    20200123_172625.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200123_172630.jpg
    20200123_172630.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted!
[automerge]1579989703[/automerge]
I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted! What is likely to actually be leaking?

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
[automerge]1579991323[/automerge]
But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
Are vaillants better? I've never had a vaillant.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a GSR.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer'.
I am an engineer but not done this before!
[automerge]1579993863[/automerge]
I am an engineer but not done this before!
Can they just be a RE and not a professional?

Pretty sure I typed G S R and it changed it for me? Anyway, it is held together with clips.
[automerge]1579995341[/automerge]
GSR
[automerge]1579995385[/automerge]
Yes, defo changes G.S.R to GSR

Reply to My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock