Search the forum,

Discuss Multitool and corded SDS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I know most people on here are Fein fans, but they seem pretty pricey for something I'll use very rarely. Are they really THAT much better than all the other makes? What about this:

Makita UK - TM3000C - MULTI TOOL

Also, I'm looking for a powerful 240V SDS drill to replace this beast:

Titan TTB278SDS 5kg SDS+ Drill 240V | Screwfix.com

I recently bought a Makita core drill, which I love, so am looking at a Makita but if there is something better out there then happy to be persuaded otherwise!

Cheers!

I have a ÂŁ99 bosch and its wonderful. Tbh all the 240v sds drills are much of a muchness IMO.

Hitachi are normally cheap and pretty good.

My brother has that cordless Makita multi tool. He's pleased with it.

I have the worx multi tool, don't use it that often and it does the job when I do, looks like you can get the for around ÂŁ60-70

I got the 6kg Hitachi SDS when it was on offer at screwfix couple o years ago for around ÂŁ250, tough it looks like they have gone up quit a it now.

I have the fein, i dont leave home without it. I dont know how i managed without it tbh.

I've got the fein as well, it's good for everything. Nice thin cut across floor boards, easy to cut the tongue on t & g boards, plaster board, notching, ceilings, the scraper on it it good for getting off tile adhesive off the back of tiles when they've come off and you just want to stick them back on again, also good for wood chip as I found out indoors!

Dewalt multi cutter on offer at the moment at screwfix ÂŁ119 comes in a bag with a few bits I just got one as my Bosch is on its last legs.dewalt have gone for a quick blade change system which saves fiddling with Allen key,the old blades I have can still be used as it's supplied with an adaptor. Dewalt have put a light on the front which is a plus as well as a variable trigger.I get my blades from Saxton on eBay 10 wood bades for ÂŁ19 spot on.

Very tempted by that dewalt multitool, i have the green bosch one at the moment but its 5 years old now so looking for replacement, do you think i will see a difference in quality?

Very tempted by that dewalt multitool, i have the green bosch one at the moment but its 5 years old now so looking for replacement, do you think i will see a difference in quality?

That's the same one I have it's been a good tool but it's really a diy tool was well worth the money though. The dewalt is a different bit of kit it's built for site I like blade system especially since they are the same price at Saxton as the standard blades.

Dewalts offering is impressive, i dont particually like the design BUT

over your old one.
it has 110 watts more power motor wise.
Roughly the same oscillations per minute. 22000 over your current one with 21000 at high setting

The real changer is your old one moved 1.4 degrees left/right.
the dewalt moves 1.6 degrees left/right per oscillation so with each one it cuts a tiny bit more (by a total of .4 of a degree but times that by 22000).

it will preform better :)

On paper it is actually better than a fein spec wise, actually i think it has the best specs of any out atm.
whether it out preforms the fein, milwaukees new offering or boschs new multi x i have no idea!

Last edited:
I got bosch multi tool, fast blade change, but it was very expensive. Surprisingly for a bosch it actually stopped and had to be returned to bosch for a repair. While it was off for repair I just prayed I would not need it. If you have had one, you cant work without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multitool and corded SDS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock