Search the forum,

Discuss Multikwik Multiflush Cistern Overfilling in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My regular plumber wasn't available so thought I'd have a go.

Long story short, flush button broken and couldn't get a compatible replacement. So I bought a Multikwik Multiflush.

To my surprise, I successfully installed it but when I flush, the cistern continues to fill.

Apparently, the height of the overflow can be adjusted but it doesn't seem to want to sit high enough. Locking the overflow also doesn't help.

Tearing out what's left of my hair wondering what I'm doing wrong and why the overflow won't do its job.
20210803_154753.jpg
20210803_153230.jpg

Now resolved. Thanks for the replies. No idea what the deal was. Slightly tightened the hose connector to the Fluidmaster and it started working as it should. Slight weeping from the underside of the cistern where the fluidmaster comes through but I can live with that for now.

Reply to Multikwik Multiflush Cistern Overfilling in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock