Search the forum,

Discuss Multikwik Multiflush Cistern Overfilling in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My regular plumber wasn't available so thought I'd have a go.

Long story short, flush button broken and couldn't get a compatible replacement. So I bought a Multikwik Multiflush.

To my surprise, I successfully installed it but when I flush, the cistern continues to fill.

Apparently, the height of the overflow can be adjusted but it doesn't seem to want to sit high enough. Locking the overflow also doesn't help.

Tearing out what's left of my hair wondering what I'm doing wrong and why the overflow won't do its job.
20210803_154753.jpg
20210803_153230.jpg

Dirt in the ball valve

Dirt/debris on the flush valve seating, on the cold inlet as Shaun suggests, or the button is too long - unless it’s a cable type?

Now resolved. Thanks for the replies. No idea what the deal was. Slightly tightened the hose connector to the Fluidmaster and it started working as it should. Slight weeping from the underside of the cistern where the fluidmaster comes through but I can live with that for now.

Reply to Multikwik Multiflush Cistern Overfilling in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock