Discuss Multi Meter which one for engineers in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums


Gas Engineer
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable.

The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
If you are planning to use the meter on mains voltages I'd stick with well-known brands and prefer high safety categories. If you haven't done so already, consider the Megger AVO410 Digital Multimeter. It's around £150 if you shop around but seems a good match to your needs.
Just component testing, voltage, resistance and continuity. I can't really afford the Fluke...even though it's one of the better ones

Check out the uni one in the link
Fluke 116 for me. It has all you need as a heating engineer and well worth the money. I know it is more than you want to spend but compared to others I have had, I wouldn't think twice about buying another if it broke.
The Fluke 116 tests for micro amps, which is needed for testing Flame rods
There is a combination kit Fluke 116 / 323.
That what I have, expensive, but it does everything you need.

It was designed / made for the HVAC industry.

If you don't want that kit, look for anything that tests Micro Amps, you will need it from time to time

New Threads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock