Search the forum,

Discuss Multi-fit connection for 38mm chrome waste pipe? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter - 38mm (European?). The bath came with a PVC multi-fit coupler to connect this chrome pipe to standard plastic waste pipe but its to long once I get under the floorboards as I can't achieve the fall. Does anyone know where I can find a multi-fit 90 degree bend which can accommodate 38 - 40mm? Cheers.

screenshot_2537.jpg

Yes all bath pipework would be 11/2 discharge

Have you tried using one of the washers from the coupling in the mcalpine ?

Have you tried using one of the washers from the coupling in the mcalpine ?
Yeah, Ive got both here - 42/43A and the 32/35A - either too small or too big. I haven't got the multi-fit coupler that came with the kit on me, its back at the house. I'll try the washer that came with that.

This doesn't have to be a chrome fitting btw, it'll be under the floor. There must be something out there. I'll also ask the seller tomorrow.

Might be best replacing it to uk stnd size eg
Yeah, £70 I'd rather not spend bearing in mind I already paid for waste, and who knows if it will fit the bath lol. The technical drawing on the sellers website with the dimensions is too low rez to make out, another reason to moan at them.

Reply to Multi-fit connection for 38mm chrome waste pipe? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock