Search the forum,

Discuss MT10 Timer not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haplo

I have a Worcester Bosch 30cdi Boiler with a MT10 Mechanical Timer fitted, the problem I have is that the Timer seems not to be working, the clock ticks round as normal, but the heating does not come on at the specified times, I have even advanced the clock to start and stop times but nothing happens, any ideas before I spend money on another one.

Thanks

:welcome: to the forum Haplo :)

Can you get the heating to come on at all?

I had one of these last week, was running the clock but not sending a signal, start off with brand spanker batteries (not ones robbed from the remote!)

Thanks for your reply, the heating seems to be on constantly on timer setting and at the moment is being regulated by the thermostat

What type of thermostat are you talking about here Haplo, room thermostat? And if so is it mechanical or electronoc? reason i ask is it may pay to considder changing that to a programmable one rather than go to the expense of replacing the integral timer IMO!

its a room mechanical thermostat situated in hall way, this was installed at same time as boiler around 3 years ago. From what i have been told the boiler was left on constant and regulated via thermostat by previous owner.

its a room mechanical thermostat situated in hall way, this was installed at same time as boiler around 3 years ago. From what i have been told the boiler was left on constant and regulated via thermostat by previous owner.

If you can post a picture of it or have the details, make and model, we could then advise on a suitable programmable stat if for no other reason than to give you an alternative choice for regulating time and temperature. :)

Hi Haplo, your choices are the MT10 unit has failed or the pcb has failed at the timer/on off-room stat interface terminals. 99 per cent its the MT10 which has failed, unless you have the tappets in the wrong position... I have encountered all of these. Here's a handy link MT10 Mechanical Timer - YouTube

Unfortunately I am not at that property, and unable to get any info at the moment, Thanks for your advise anyway and hopefully be able to continue this sometime in the future.

its very common this model fails ive change a few just out of warntee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MT10 Timer not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Hi, I have moved to house that has an Ideal Logic combi c24 with a Danfoss RX1-S receiver and a RET2000B - RF thermostat. However, the mechanical timer on the boiler is not working so I can't program the boiler to turn on and off at different times. Therefore, I bought a TP5001RF programable...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for 6-8am to prevent the cold weather freezing the boiler. BUT, by 6:40am I woke up and didn't hear the pump noise. I went to see the timer which was not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having the boiler replaced this weekend, but in the meantime I was advised by their plumber to top up the pressure each morning (as it's currently dropping...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock