Search the forum,

Discuss Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,
This is my first post on the forum! Can I say a BIG thanks to all of you who go to the trouble of replying to the questions asked here. I have picked up some very useul tips, so thank-you.

My question is this.
I have a job to plumb in a dish-washing machine. The pipe runs will have to come through the kitchen cabinets because I cannot remove them to allow access along the back and hide them.

What is the best way to support the waste pipe?
It will be visible along the back of the cabinet and the hardboard back means I cannot fix a batten to support it. I had thought of something along the lines of a batten using 'no-nails' but that's a bit chancy, I think.
Does anyone know of a good fixing method?
Expanding plugs are likely to pull out.

For the cold feed I was considering running it along the underside of the middle shelf and clipping it..... any comments apart from the problem of removing the shelf :eek:

Many thanks,
Terry.

can you not attach the flexible waste pipe from the dish washer to the sink waste or the washing machine waste pipe? you can get flexible waste pipe extension. this will save you alot of aggrevation and drilling.

and could be hidden under the cupboards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.....
.......... but the dish-washer is about 2m from the sink waste and at 90 degrees to the sink unit. I can take the flexi-hose across to a point but then have to connect to a conventional waste pipe, then to the kitchen sink waste. The flexi-hose will not be long enough to stretch, unfortunately.

I was going to put a washing-machine trap (one of the very deep u-bend type) adjacent to the dish-washer and then run a conventional waste to the sink...... if you se what I mean.

It's not going to look too pretty and because of the fall I shall have to run it at quite a high level where support is an issue, as the actress said to the bishop.

I suppose if it is at such a high level, I could find some way of supporting it from the underneath of the work-top.

Perhaps I've answered my own question but I'd still be interested to know if there are any other suitable fixing methods.
Terry.

..... the idea of an extended flexi might come in useful, though. It would probably be less obtrusive, and as you say, Cabbage, easier to fit... mmmmmm
Terry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am in need of an experienced plumber for the following jobs: bathroom: Remove exisiting toilet. Fix new toilet. Fix new wash basin and pedestal. Run new hot and cold pipes to wash basin. Fit new waste pipe from wash basin to drain. Fix new radiator Run flow and return pipes along...
Replies
Views
Hi - Novice here. Under our kitchen sink, the waste pipes are grey, with a green moving 'lip' and then a cover peice that in theory tightens over the connection. The two downward pipes from the sinks go into a cross pipe (along with the washing machine outflow) which then leads outside. However...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected into the same pipes. The sink is constantly getting backed up. Worse when the washing machine is draining but will start to back up with the tap just...
Replies
Views
There is no smell coming out of my sink plughole, never has been. There are no water leaks in the piping and U-bend under my sink. Have tried on several occasions using very strong drain un-blocker and odour remover, to remove smell, but has not worked. Sink plughole never blocks up and water...
Replies
Views
Mr P Wilson
M
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom. It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock