Search the forum,

Discuss Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,
This is my first post on the forum! Can I say a BIG thanks to all of you who go to the trouble of replying to the questions asked here. I have picked up some very useul tips, so thank-you.

My question is this.
I have a job to plumb in a dish-washing machine. The pipe runs will have to come through the kitchen cabinets because I cannot remove them to allow access along the back and hide them.

What is the best way to support the waste pipe?
It will be visible along the back of the cabinet and the hardboard back means I cannot fix a batten to support it. I had thought of something along the lines of a batten using 'no-nails' but that's a bit chancy, I think.
Does anyone know of a good fixing method?
Expanding plugs are likely to pull out.

For the cold feed I was considering running it along the underside of the middle shelf and clipping it..... any comments apart from the problem of removing the shelf :eek:

Many thanks,
Terry.

can you not attach the flexible waste pipe from the dish washer to the sink waste or the washing machine waste pipe? you can get flexible waste pipe extension. this will save you alot of aggrevation and drilling.

and could be hidden under the cupboards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.....
.......... but the dish-washer is about 2m from the sink waste and at 90 degrees to the sink unit. I can take the flexi-hose across to a point but then have to connect to a conventional waste pipe, then to the kitchen sink waste. The flexi-hose will not be long enough to stretch, unfortunately.

I was going to put a washing-machine trap (one of the very deep u-bend type) adjacent to the dish-washer and then run a conventional waste to the sink...... if you se what I mean.

It's not going to look too pretty and because of the fall I shall have to run it at quite a high level where support is an issue, as the actress said to the bishop.

I suppose if it is at such a high level, I could find some way of supporting it from the underneath of the work-top.

Perhaps I've answered my own question but I'd still be interested to know if there are any other suitable fixing methods.
Terry.

..... the idea of an extended flexi might come in useful, though. It would probably be less obtrusive, and as you say, Cabbage, easier to fit... mmmmmm
Terry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock