Search the forum,

Discuss Moving Water Header Tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a loft main water tank. I want to lower its height (at the moment raised higher in the loft by 1 meter to give more pressure I think) so I can put it in the eaves ready for a future loft conversion. I like the idea of a header tank for water shortages and being able to flush the loo if cut off. Will the height change affect the flow to my gravity fed shower which will be in a room immediately below? Many thanks.

Depending on the construction of the 'eaves', it may also become more susceptible to freezing in cold weather. Also think about access after the loft conversion has happened.

Probably better to convert to unvented DHW system as part of the loft coversion project. Now would be a good time to check the pressure and flow rate of the supply to the house to see how straightforward installing an unvented system will be. If it's a small house, changing to a combi might be a way to go.

Reply to Moving Water Header Tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock