• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Moving Water Header Tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

allexmyers

I have a loft main water tank. I want to lower its height (at the moment raised higher in the loft by 1 meter to give more pressure I think) so I can put it in the eaves ready for a future loft conversion. I like the idea of a header tank for water shortages and being able to flush the loo if cut off. Will the height change affect the flow to my gravity fed shower which will be in a room immediately below? Many thanks.

Chuck

Esteemed
Depending on the construction of the 'eaves', it may also become more susceptible to freezing in cold weather. Also think about access after the loft conversion has happened.

Probably better to convert to unvented DHW system as part of the loft coversion project. Now would be a good time to check the pressure and flow rate of the supply to the house to see how straightforward installing an unvented system will be. If it's a small house, changing to a combi might be a way to go.

allexmyers

simple you answered your own question , yes it will,
Ha, ha, yes! Then I need to check on the spec for the shower which is a mixer. What would a 1 metre change be in Bars and would the pipe diameter affect that pressure (flow?)? Thanks.

Reply to Moving Water Header Tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net