Search the forum,

Discuss Moving washing machine to cellar - how would I deal with waste water? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am thinking of moving the washing machine and tumble dryer to the cellar to create space in the kitchen.

The cellar ceiling is abou 2 ft above ground level - there is a window.

Now there is a water pipe so getting a connection for that shouldn't be an issue.

The cellar runs below the kicthen so I can access the sink waste pipe but it is about 5ft above the cellar floor or I can access the gutter outside via going through the cellar wall.

In either case how would I pump the water exiting from the washing machine upto the gutter or sink waste.

Sanivite waste water pump download the installation instructions . Kop
[automerge]1594584362[/automerge]
Please don't discharge into a gutter often surface water goes to a soakaway and not into the main drainage network , it needs to go to the main drain via a external gully or into the soil and vent . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-192004.png
    Screenshot_20200712-192004.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Please don't discharge into a gutter often surface water goes to a soakaway and not into the main drainage network , it needs to go to the main drain via a external gully or into the soil and vent . Kop

Currently the washing machine discharges into the outside gutter - its just a pipe through the wall and the hose from the back of the machine goes int that. The sink also uses the same gutter - as does the downpipe from the roof gutters.

I just assumed that the you just needed to get the foul water to this gutter?

Gutters are only for clearing water from your roof can you post a picture of how this is piped please . Kop

Could be a combined foul/surface drain?
[automerge]1596871426[/automerge]
The two grey pipes are from the kitchen - one for the sink and the other for the washing machine. The black pipe is from the boiler and the downpipe is from the gutter.
This is how I bought the house recently.

If you’re certain that this is a combined sewer system, then go for it.

Reply to Moving washing machine to cellar - how would I deal with waste water? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock