Discuss Moving washing machine to cellar - how would I deal with waste water? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I am thinking of moving the washing machine and tumble dryer to the cellar to create space in the kitchen.

The cellar ceiling is abou 2 ft above ground level - there is a window.

Now there is a water pipe so getting a connection for that shouldn't be an issue.

The cellar runs below the kicthen so I can access the sink waste pipe but it is about 5ft above the cellar floor or I can access the gutter outside via going through the cellar wall.

In either case how would I pump the water exiting from the washing machine upto the gutter or sink waste.

Sanivite waste water pump download the installation instructions . Kop
[automerge]1594584362[/automerge]
Please don't discharge into a gutter often surface water goes to a soakaway and not into the main drainage network , it needs to go to the main drain via a external gully or into the soil and vent . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-192004.png
    Screenshot_20200712-192004.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Please don't discharge into a gutter often surface water goes to a soakaway and not into the main drainage network , it needs to go to the main drain via a external gully or into the soil and vent . Kop

Currently the washing machine discharges into the outside gutter - its just a pipe through the wall and the hose from the back of the machine goes int that. The sink also uses the same gutter - as does the downpipe from the roof gutters.

I just assumed that the you just needed to get the foul water to this gutter?

Gutters are only for clearing water from your roof can you post a picture of how this is piped please . Kop

The two grey pipes are from the kitchen - one for the sink and the other for the washing machine. The black pipe is from the boiler and the downpipe is from the gutter.

This is how I bought the house recently.

IMG_1841.JPG

Gutters are only for clearing water from your roof can you post a picture of how this is piped please . Kop

Could be a combined foul/surface drain?
[automerge]1596871426[/automerge]
The two grey pipes are from the kitchen - one for the sink and the other for the washing machine. The black pipe is from the boiler and the downpipe is from the gutter.
This is how I bought the house recently.

If you’re certain that this is a combined sewer system, then go for it.

Reply to Moving washing machine to cellar - how would I deal with waste water? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back