Search the forum,

Discuss Moving radiator pipes from floorboards to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I’d like to move the radiator’s pipes into the wall, so that they come out of it horizontally and above the skirting

I am also likely to fit a wider (but single panel) radiator to better match the width of the window

I think it’s better not to have any fitting inside the wall so I might create two C shaped section of pipes (with one end being below the floor and the other one above skirting level, with the vertical part in the chased section of the wall)

Do I need to fix the pipe to the wall and wrap it in insulation before having the wall plastered?

Is it better to use plastic pipes?
I’ve seen some houses where the radiator has both (plastic) pipes coming from the centre of it (I guess this gives some flexibility in case a radiator of a different size is fitted later)

E7670615-A123-457B-B8E7-4AB414CF0049.jpeg

Copper is better imho and I would put it in felt lagging before plastering. Either clip it on hold it on correct position during plastering (usually by passing pipe through a drilled hole in a timber jig). Although the felt lagging will allow you s bit of wiggle room later.

As above, copper is best, but what height radiator and what size skirting boards are you using. Could Just be the photo but doesn't look like you'll have alot of room between the window and skirting to accommodate both the rad and pipes coming out the wall.

TBH i would keep it the same as in the pic just move the pipes to sort the new rad (eg keep the pipes on show) in reality your saving / not seeing 3 inches of pipework but adding 3 more joints

Hello, I’d like to move the radiator’s pipes into the wall, so that they come out of it horizontally and above the skirting

I am also likely to fit a wider (but single panel) radiator to better match the width of the window

I think it’s better not to have any fitting inside the wall so I might create two C shaped section of pipes (with one end being below the floor and the other one above skirting level, with the vertical part in the chased section of the wall)

Do I need to fix the pipe to the wall and wrap it in insulation before having the wall plastered?

Is it better to use plastic pipes?
I’ve seen some houses where the radiator has both (plastic) pipes coming from the centre of it (I guess this gives some flexibility in case a radiator of a different size is fitted later)

View attachment 39005
I think you making work for yourself. Leave the central pipes take valves off, bring pipes along under and behind the new rad position, hang rad, put new 90 deg valves on and connect neatly. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Is it really worth the trouble? The pipes look un-naturally pronounced now because the room is completely stark and unfinished, by the time you fit the rad, add flooring, decorate the wall you'll hardly notice where the pipes are exiting especially as you intend they do so just above the skirting.

Reply to Moving radiator pipes from floorboards to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then up the outside of the external wall. The ducting pipe circumference is about 32cm, so about 10cm diameter. There is no extractor fan in the kitchen. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock