Search the forum,

Discuss Moving Radiator Along Wall in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The guy who fitted my kitchen and is having problems with installing the new radiators moved my hall radiator along the wall - however, he has changed the pipes around. What used to be the pipe that went into the right hand side now goes into the left hand side and vice versa. He said it will make no difference. Is this correct?

Attachments

• 20220726_101824.jpg
    20220726_101824.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 11
Depends on the rads he might of done it because the new rad needs to have the pipes that way around

Sometimes that style of radiator has to be plumbed a particular way around and has an internal baffle at one end to direct the flow around correctly.
This will be stated in the manufacturer’s instructions.
In the absence of these, just see if it heats up correctly as before - if it does no problem.
With any “designer” rad one can’t assume these things, but he may have inadvertently got away with it…

Sometimes that style of radiator has to be plumbed a particular way around and has an internal baffle at one end to direct the flow around correctly.
This will be stated in the manufacturer’s instructions.
In the absence of these, just see if it heats up correctly as before - if it does no problem.
With any “designer” rad one can’t assume these things, but he may have inadvertently got away with it…

He did it because the pipe on the right was originally on the left of the old radiator. I think it was to save having two pipes running along the wall . One looks awful as my pipes are in the wall not under floor board. I'm not happy with it & just hoping it heats up!°

In my experience a kitchen fitter is not the best person to do plumbing.
Us bathroom fitters however can do absolutely anything and to an extremely high standard.

Reply to Moving Radiator Along Wall in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the radiator far too close to the shower. It is right next to the exit/entrace of the shower which seems unsafe as it could burn undressed people and just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked. Return pipe is clear. Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got warm, replaced the combi boiler this year as it was loud and leaking (its in the loft which has been converted into a room). Since turning the heating...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock