Search the forum,

Discuss Moving oil boilers in this case a combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you lot move oil boilers around I've got to fit a combi next week and not looking forward to shifting it.

I've got a sack truck up to 200kg but it never used to feel too sturdy under a heat only let alone 160kg of combi boiler.

Naturally everytime I get an oil boiler I strip all the baffles, burner, expansion vessel and pretty much everything that comes off it easily to strip as much weight as possible but I bet it's still 140kg.

What do you do. Oh and I'm by myself.

Either a sack truck with some ratchets from screwfix or a skateboard I purchased from the random isle in Aldi’s. Was like 30 quid or something and takes 250kg; god send on some jobs!

Reply to Moving oil boilers in this case a combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock