Search the forum,

Discuss Moving copper pipe work for new sink position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Im going to be removing an old sink from one wall and re positioning the new sink on an adjacent wall

At the moment the hot and cold supplies come in through the wall and branch right for the existing sink.

I need to modify these so that they come in and head straight to the direction of where the new sink will be.

What’s the best way that I can redirect the pipes to where the new sink will be fitted?

I can solder pipes but am a diy'er, not an expert.
I was thinking it may be easier for me to cut the pipes as shown and soldering in a couple of elbows so that I can get the pipes running in the left hand direction.

upload_2019-6-3_21-11-36.png

I thought about de soldering the joints and re soldering straight joints then adding tees/elbows where appropriate however that seems like it could be tricky in that tight corner.

Also not sure about how having a couple of elbows in close proximity to each other might affect the flow?

What would you guys suggest

upload_2019-6-3_21-8-23.png

idd be tempted to cut it all back to the TEE and elbow and de solder it , once de soldered get the soldered ends as clean as possible , i tend to run a file over them and try to remove the solder, flexi file/ abrasive strips help too, not the scotch brite style ones, can you not cut them back from the other side of the wall and start from there ?

If you can see the pipes the other side of the wall then I would cut it back there new pipes straight through otherwise as been said unsolder the fittings.

I cant get access from the other side of the wall as the kitchen units cover all the pipe work.
Unsolder this side. You will need to get all the water out of the pipes first. Cut into the parts you are redoing and let the water out there. Have a piece of wire wool handy and use it to clean the solder off the pipe ends whilst still molten after you pull the existing fittings off. You don't (won't be able to) need to clean all the solder off back to the copper, just so that a new copper fitting will go on to rejoin and reroute.

Thanks for the advice on this guys.

Ill give it a go

Ive got some old bits of pipe and fittings that ill practice on beforehand.
Can borrow a wet vac that'll helpe with making sure i ge as much water out as possible

Thanks for the advice on this guys.

Ill give it a go

Ive got some old bits of pipe and fittings that ill practice on beforehand.
Can borrow a wet vac that'll helpe with making sure i ge as much water out as possible

Excellent. Get your wet vac ready, tap end I find easiest and cut the pipe with a slice wherever you can get it in. Cut the pipe, fire up the wet vac and pull the water out of the pipes through the open tap with it. I usually just use my hand to make a good enough seal with the vacuum and you'll pull the water out in no time.

Reply to Moving copper pipe work for new sink position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to remove my downstairs toilet sink and put a new more compact one on the adjacent wall. However there are two ring drain cocks at the bottom. I want to check that I should replicate the layout rather than just using elbow joints?
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock