Search the forum,

Discuss moving central heating radiator. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

hi.i'm repositioning radiator in bathroom but there's no isolating valve on pipework..after i've turned electric off to the boiler and drained down the system will i still be able to have a shower,fill the kettle while the radiator is re-plumbed in the new position.thanks

You could still operate the boiler if you have isolation valves for the heating system under the boiler.
Switch them off and refill the boiler. You should have hot water then.

You could still operate the boiler if you have isolation valves for the heating system under the boiler.
Switch them off and refill the boiler. You should have hot water then.
thanks.i'll try to find them
[automerge]1594229394[/automerge]
If you drain the systrm down on a combi you wont be able to have a shower fed from the combi. You will be able to fill the kettle though
thanks.tea more important than shower.haha
[automerge]1594230655[/automerge]
i found the isolation valve.theres 5 pipes coming from boiler.3 are 22mm and 2 are 15mm.the isolation valve is on one of the 15mm pipes.i can only see the one.i think it might be a cold water pipe 'cos it's a lot darker coloured than the others.is this the one i need to turn off before draining down the radiators.thanks

Last edited:

Reply to moving central heating radiator. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock