Search the forum,

Discuss Moving central heating controller Towerchron QE2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a Glow Worm Flexicom 24hx Condensing boiler and I would like to move my existing Towerchron QE2 timer / controller which is currently in an airing cupboard on the first floor, moving it down next to the boiler on the ground floor.

Would it be difficult to move the timer controller QE2 downstairs next to the boiler ?

I'm thinking of moving the control next to the boiler and then replacing it with a Tado controller. Tado say their systems can be self installed.

I can see 2 cables coming out of the bottom of the boiler and one goes to the pump and the other into the wall, there is also an electric switch on the wall near the boiler (but out of the boiler cupboard) which if I turn off then turns off the electrics to the boiler.

Just wondered if the other cable coming out of the boiler would be the one that goes upstairs to my existing QE2 controller and maybe I would wire a Tado controller to that ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

It’s not a good idea to fit a smart thermostat right next to the boiler, plus if you’re unsure about cables and wiring then it’s best to get a professional in to do it for you.
Electricity KILLS!! ;)

Hi Stu, thanks for the info. Is there any reason why its not a good idea to fit a smart thermostat next to the boiler?

I didn't mention that the boiler is in a closed cupboard and I would be looking to fit the controller outside of the cupboard around 1 foot away.

Reply to Moving central heating controller Towerchron QE2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock