Search the forum,

Discuss Movement between TRV and radiator. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Von

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be any movement between a TRV and the radiator, as have replaced a radiator and tightened the connections as much as possible, but the TRV can still be moved backward and forward.
Many thanks,
Von 🤔 🤔 🤔

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be any movement between a TRV and the radiator,

The body of the valve should be rock steady with a rigid connection to the radiator. A small amount of play in the control knob is normal. I've just tried wobbling a sample of Draytons and the chromed dome moves slightly but it's by less than a millimeter.

Can you provide some details? E.g. a photo and rough indication of how much play you are getting.
[automerge]1580471424[/automerge]
photos of valve was olive brass if so you may not have tightened enough
Were there photos? I'm not seeing any. Actually, post #3 is missing for me. Very mysterious...

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be any movement between a TRV and the radiator, as have replaced a radiator and tightened the connections as much as possible, but the TRV can still be moved backward and forward.
Many thanks,
Von 🤔 🤔 🤔
Just to be clear. The connection between the pipe and the radiator is called the valve body ..this has to be watertight and not move. The valve head is the plastic nob that grades from frost through blue to max..these can be a bit loose..did you set the valve head to maximum when you fitted if not it might well wobble ..once fitted turn down to desired setting. Some heads are threaded and others are push on ones but the same principle applies ..centralheatking

Reply to Movement between TRV and radiator. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a leaking TRV on a downstairs radiator and need to get it replaced/fixed. Can anyone on here tell me the average cost to have this done professionally please?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock