Search the forum,

Discuss Move/replace radiator with 10mm push fit in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Looking for advice on easiest way to move a radiator (only needs to move 10-15cm to the left). I have a unvented indirect cyclinder, fed from a standard boiler. All my pipework runs down from the loft (its a bungalow), through the walls and each radiator has a centrally located outlet on the wall, where 2 plastic 10mm plastic push fit pipes feed out to each end of the radiator. This is the kind you can actually take off the wall and lay down flat whilst you decorate.

So by moving the radiator 10-15cm to the left, I essentially need to shorten one of the existing 10mm plastic push fit pipes, and replace the other one with a longer version to reach the new location. I'm a DIY'er who has done lots of work on copper pipes on combiner's systems in the past but never worked with push fit nor know much about the huge unvented indirect cylinder I have!

Do I have to drain the whole system to make the move? Is freezing an option for this small job? Do squeeze tools work ok on 10mm plastic push fit pipe?

Any advice on how to best accomplish this is much appreciated. Shout if you need any more info.

Cheers!

Need to drain down

10mm coupling one side

Reply to Move/replace radiator with 10mm push fit in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock