Search the forum,

Discuss Motorised Valves which ones !!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kingston Gas

Hi Im Ian and new to this forum, ive been in the trade for 33 years and worked for myself for 22, I maintain and service mainly, I fit quite a lot of motorised valves and religiously always fitted Honeywell, then I started getting issues with them and the price was shooting up, I tried Tower valves for a while but after 18 months had problems with them failing so went back to Honeywell. Ive recently come across Banico and fitted a couple they are a good price but after a bit of research I think they are the same as Tower so stopped fitting them, I recently fitted a couple of Reliance 22mm 2 ports at My own house and they seem good but none of my suppliers stock them the reliance rep says they dont have trouble with them ( he would I guess) but I fit a lot of their mixing valves and they are good so keeping an open mind. City Plumbing can do Draytons at a good price anyone had any experience with them, or any other suggestions, remarks would be helpful.

Many Thanks

We fit Drayton haven't been back to one yet

Its mentioned on here a lot , the Honeywell's years ago were the best by miles , I wouldnt fit anything else , but times have changed unfortunately.

In future could you write a bit smaller please, I had to leave laptop in kitchen and go into next room to focus LOL

Welcome to the forum !!
:welcome:

We fit Drayton haven't been back to one yet

no! thats why most of mine are drayton fails & i think, the blue ones from b.g are the same. i got a garage full of duds.
corgi do one the same as tower and that what i fit, the motors do-able and can always chuck on a honeywell head. i not been back to any of them either on contracts over last 3 years so must be ok!
besides, if they last a year thats what i warrant otherwise charge for another (probably pump takes them out?

no! thats why most of mine are drayton fails & i think, the blue ones from b.g are the same. i got a garage full of duds.
corgi do one the same as tower and that what i fit, the motors do-able and can always chuck on a honeywell head. i not been back to any of them either on contracts over last 3 years so must be ok!
besides, if they last a year thats what i warrant otherwise charge for another (probably pump takes them out?

Can't explain it then got 4 sets in rented houses we service every year been in 5 years no trouble yet (touch wood)

Heads or body go red ??

Can't explain it then got 4 sets in rented houses we service every year been in 5 years no trouble yet (touch wood)

Heads or body go red ??
heads...only had one maybee two over the last 5 years with the body gone or suspect rubber ball worn.
50/50 if its the switch or motor, but there a bugger to strip and get back in right fixing lined up so i dont bother now.
i have one at a customers who is reluctant to spend on repair (for the last 16months !!) where the long ratchet leg falls out off position leaving the pump running. tried sorting it out but forget it.
cant beat the easy on/off mounting on them though ;)

Honeywell motorised valves are no good anymore.
Danfoss also useless - and expensive.
Drayton, tbh I don't like. I guess they usually are a few years old on the jobs I need to replace them on, but you will find often if you remove the faulty Drayton actuator and shake it you will rattle as a plastic part has broke off.
I actually now like Myson motorised valves - inexpensive and generally reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised Valves which ones !!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock