Search the forum,

Discuss Most Reliable combi Gas boiler (25KW) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Been a retired plumber now for almost 20 years so a bit out of touch with the trade. I am wanting to replace a combi boiler . What is the most reliable and cheapest boiler to install, I would welcome any comments on those so called 5/10 year warranties that are given out. I would prefer reliability as the main criteria of choose.
Thanks

I recommend concentrating your efforts on finding the right installer rather than studying boiler specs yourself. I think that well established small independent heating engineers who will service the system they install are usually the best option in terms of quality and customer satisfaction. Discuss your priorities with them. Just because a brand has been reliable in the past doesn't guarantee that will be the case in the future, designs change, etc. So you should be looking for something with a long manufacturer's warranty along with a good service network and parts availability.

I recommend concentrating your efforts on finding the right installer rather than studying boiler specs yourself. I think that well established small independent heating engineers who will service the system they install are usually the best option in terms of quality and customer satisfaction. Discuss your priorities with them. Just because a brand has been reliable in the past doesn't guarantee that will be the case in the future, designs change, etc. So you should be looking for something with a long manufacturer's warranty along with a good service network and parts availability.
I can not agree with you, would you purchase a car on the recommendation of the salesman?

buy to cheap and parts are expensive, go for baxi or veisman, you will need a filter and programable stat, co alarm,and if yours is non con, then some where to run the condence pipe to, thats my pennys worth,

Bear in mind Baxi does not seem to be able to ensure its "Approved" installer network does not include a few bad apples(came across my second Baxi approved cowboy installer recently), but Baxi certainly does pay out on its warranty if you use an "Approved" installer. Though, ideally, find a good one.

Of these two Baxi-Approved cowboy installs my customers have come across, one had a new heat exchanger fitted under warranty after original cowboy left system water so dirty that it got blocked. The other (fitted with apparently no thermostat, although the Benchmark certificate says there is, and installed with the condensate pipe terminated directly onto the driveway rather than to lime filled soakaway or to foul drain) also had ÂŁ1000-odd of parts replaced under warranty.

Whether it's ethical for the parts to be so expensive in the first place is another matter, and I'm still undecided as to whether I will ever willingly replace my 1988 boiler (small and reasonably insulated/airtight house, so bills are quite low anyway), though in principle, I'm all for greater efficiency.

I can not agree with you, would you purchase a car on the recommendation of the salesman?
I took @Chuck to mean:
A reputable company/trades-person who prefers to gain and keep customers long term, will only normally recommend products that perform as intended, are reliable and help in maintaining the company's good reputation.

A car salesman is not the same thing. They won't be looking after you and the car for the foreseeable future. They will point you toward the manufacturer.

I always recommend Vaillant because they are reliable, easy to work on, have a good after sales in my opinion and perform well. In all the years of installing them (Commercial & domestic) I can count on one hand the number of issues I have had.
Very rarely do customers contact me with an issue related to the boiler. I make sure they are installed correctly and maintained as per manufacturers instructions plus my own additional preferences. There is another handful of issues I have dealt with via Vaillant, which where detected during service and under warranty. This goes back to Chucks point!
Those customers never got to the stage of inconvenience.

Reply to Most Reliable combi Gas boiler (25KW) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock