From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Most Installed Boiler Makes? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Rob Foster

Most installed boilers just go to Bisria site and get the updates all done ..Worcs B sold 3m last year in uk

Rob Foster

Rob Foster

Now AMG this is a subject within a subject Which boilers are the same except the name and which ones share parts. Just like cars spare for one make are way more for some makes than others but are same. Windscreen wipers eg

S

Spindle

I'm not a plumber or heating engineer but have surveyed a lot of houses for asbestos and the most common boilers I've seen are:

Alpha - don't recall seeing any
Ariston - the odd one or two
Andrews don't recall seeing
Atag - don't think I've seen any
Baxi - seen quite a few
Biasi - seen the odd one
Buderus - not seen
Chaffoteaux & Maury - not seen
Ferroli - don't think I've seen these
Glow-worm - seen a few
Heatline - the odd one or two
Halstead - don't think seen any
Ideal - seen a lor
Intergas - haven't seen many
Johnson & Starley - not seen any did they not make really old hearing systems?
Keston - not seen any
Potterton - seen loads
Ravenheat - not seen
Remeha - seen a few
Rinnai - not seen
Robinson Willey - not seen
Saunier Duval - not seen
Trianco - not seen
Vaillant - seen loads
Viessmann - seen a few
Vokèra - seen loads
Worcester - seen loads

Rob Foster

Rob Foster

I'm not a plumber or heating engineer but have surveyed a lot of houses for asbestos and the most common boilers I've seen are:

Alpha - don't recall seeing any
Ariston - the odd one or two
Andrews don't recall seeing
Atag - don't think I've seen any
Baxi - seen quite a few
Biasi - seen the odd one
Buderus - not seen
Chaffoteaux & Maury - not seen
Ferroli - don't think I've seen these
Glow-worm - seen a few
Heatline - the odd one or two
Halstead - don't think seen any
Ideal - seen a lor
Intergas - haven't seen many
Johnson & Starley - not seen any did they not make really old hearing systems?
Keston - not seen any
Potterton - seen loads
Ravenheat - not seen
Remeha - seen a few
Rinnai - not seen
Robinson Willey - not seen
Saunier Duval - not seen
Trianco - not seen
Vaillant - seen loads
Viessmann - seen a few
Vokèra - seen loads
Worcester - seen loads
This is a good historical survey, in that there will be loads of Worcester stuff cause historically they were the choice of the old gas boards and the habit took a while die off, and worcs now advertise heavily on telly like Renault but this might not make them the best choice Rob Foster aka centralheatking

S

Spindle

Yeah you're right. Incidentally the day after I posted that I saw two Alpha boilers.

R

Robert Anderson

I got a Ariston clas he 30 boiler fitted n have to say can’t compldin reallynefficient great hot water pressure from it standard 5 year warranty with additional 8-10 year add on and not at the higher end of budget, didn’t get great reviews but spoke to a guy who’s business is sub contracted to fix them forcwardanty n said they are decent they have cake a long way and had a bad name for a while but areddcent not sure you guys thoughts on that to be fair I know all fitters have their faves another guy a know swears by bosh etc it was just a thought on what the community thinks

R

Robert Anderson

Sorry few spelling corrections on last post lol stupid phone I’m sure you know I don’t mean cake n should be come lol

R

Robert Anderson

Also heard Ariston are trying to get the gas board to now fit their boilers

R

Robert Anderson

BG as far as I had heard I don’t think it’s done or anything just heard that it was something they were looking into along with the others that BG fit

R

Robert Anderson

Weirdly enough they do have loads of Ariston on their system but not my model they have the 24 but not the 30 again strange reason I know I stupidly tried to join the plan not realising the Ariston boiler warranty was as good to be fair n then BG Guy came out n says sorry it’s not on the system that we cover that model but 9 pages of other Ariston boilers lol will never work them out and what qualifies n what doesn’t

Reply to Most Installed Boiler Makes? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads