Search the forum,

Discuss Morning everyone, I'm new to this and would like some advice please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning everyone. Just joined the forum and was hoping for some advice please.
I have a small leak coming from my towel radiator. It doesn't seem to be from the actual valve (I've tightened this up as far as it can go), but appears to be coming from the join (see image attached). Has anyone got an idea how I can fix this please? Thank you
1675675594692.jpg

I'm afraid it will need to be drained removed and the joint remade , loctite 55 is the go to product we always have in the tool box these days . Kop

People keep mentioning 55 and I used it once and had terrible results. It was on 4” steel, so probably not the best time to try it out. Although I was making a LLH and when it failed it was during pressure testing. Went back to hemp and paste.

Any tips?

55 is only meant for up to 2" anything above that should be flanged welded and bolted , hemp and paste or hemp and stag is better for heating pipework , 55 is ideal for potable connections on stainless cylinderd 10 to15 wraps is adequate. Kop

Loctite does say for use up to 4 " diameter and for that you have to wind it up to 45 times !!!

I must say I'm no too keen on it when used for iron 1-2" bsp I think because the thread size is very large compared to the diameter of the cord nor is an iron thread that easy to crush as part of the application process. I just add a bit of Boss White with it and make sure you do the recommended number of winds and fill the threads.

Reply to Morning everyone, I'm new to this and would like some advice please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock