Search the forum,

Discuss Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all. Hope all is well. Weather still sucks. World still sucks. Boooooo to it all.

lol

Trying to find some funny films to watch.

Attachments

• VID-20210105-WA0002.mp4
    984.5 KB
Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.
Morning, not too sure whether the email applies to me as I am not a plumber lol but yes, I am very well thanks for asking : ) The lack of variety in my day to day activities has had a bit of an impact on my mental health though - too much needs to be done in the house (damp in the walls; new lino; clear out garage; redecorate) and I also work full-time. Luckily it was just a one off blip. My 16 years old is in year 11 and the lessons this time round have been interactive using online meetings so much better, I just need to get him up in time - that has been a fail this week! My 20 year old went back to London after Christmas. He is in his 3rd year at Uni studying film production. He shares a house with 4 friends so they have each other for company and are not isolated in student halls. Fingers crossed he will be safe as he is Newham which has the highest number of Covid cases.

Funny you should ask about boilers as my stopped working yesterday morning! Luckily I know I an excellent plumber who is working hard to get it repaired. He has ordered a replacement coil so fingers crossed things will be up and running this evening!

I have been working from home since the first lockdown (I test computer software for bugs etc). The business has since decided to give up the office. I saw my work colleagues for the first time in 9 months just before Christmas.

No news on the jab yet. Luckily I live in a rural area and don't have much interaction with people other than a weekly shop or my support bubble. I wear a mask and use sanitiser on the trolley and my hands.

I shop at Tesco, Sainsburys, B&Q, and Screw Fix. Next have closed the stores but you can still order online.

Stay safe x

Morning, not too sure whether the email applies to me as I am not a plumber lol but yes, I am very well thanks for asking : ) The lack of variety in my day to day activities has had a bit of an impact on my mental health though - too much needs to be done in the house (damp in the walls; new lino; clear out garage; redecorate) and I also work full-time. Luckily it was just a one off blip. My 16 years old is in year 11 and the lessons this time round have been interactive using online meetings so much better, I just need to get him up in time - that has been a fail this week! My 20 year old went back to London after Christmas. He is in his 3rd year at Uni studying film production. He shares a house with 4 friends so they have each other for company and are not isolated in student halls. Fingers crossed he will be safe as he is Newham which has the highest number of Covid cases.

Funny you should ask about boilers as my stopped working yesterday morning! Luckily I know I an excellent plumber who is working hard to get it repaired. He has ordered a replacement coil so fingers crossed things will be up and running this evening!

I have been working from home since the first lockdown (I test computer software for bugs etc). The business has since decided to give up the office. I saw my work colleagues for the first time in 9 months just before Christmas.

No news on the jab yet. Luckily I live in a rural area and don't have much interaction with people other than a weekly shop or my support bubble. I wear a mask and use sanitiser on the trolley and my hands.

I shop at Tesco, Sainsburys, B&Q, and Screw Fix. Next have closed the stores but you can still order online.

Stay safe x
Awww it's meant for everybody yeah. It's a pain in the arse for everybody but we have to keep edging forward. This new strain sounds like it might be a problem I'm hoping they're tweaking vaccines already for it!

Glad to hear your boiler is getting back up and running!

I will be glad when the schools go back, the amount they have been missing out on for so long is awful. learning at home just doesn't compare.

Good morning! We are volunteering at a food bank this morning!

Good morning! We are volunteering at a food bank this morning!

Your missing something next to your name Lou ?

I have a square type kitchen sink tap and cannot access the cartridge to replace it as it is housed in a round chrome kind of case that does not allow a shifting spanner to grab it . There seems no way to move the chrome caseing part to remove it I can send a pic if ok I am new on here.

I have a square type kitchen sink tap and cannot access the cartridge to replace it as it is housed in a round chrome kind of case that does not allow a shifting spanner to grab it . There seems no way to move the chrome caseing part to remove it I can send a pic if ok I am new on here.
Hi Frankie,

Nice to meet you, but you are in the wrong place. :) And hullo!

This forum works on the basis that new questions must have their own thread. We're a grumpy but friendly bunch, so have a read of this if you're new: Welcome New Members, Please Read This Before You Post.. - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/welcome-new-members-please-read-this-before-you-post.108522/

Please go here: Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice - https://www.plumbersforums.net/forums/plumbing-forum-plumbing-advice.15/

and click the yellow box "POST THREAD" at the top right to start a new thread and then ask your question.

🙃🙃🙃🙃 Oh no I have been sacked!!

Oooh I fixed it!

How are you doing Shaun?

Good Lou work is ok just busy

How is everyone this morning? What do you all think of the unlockdown plan?

I think it’s too early maybe start consider when we roughly have half the population vaccinated

I block the numbers, but my land line phone only has a 100 blocked call limit, so soon fills up, have to delete and start again.
Yep, the same stuff, but with my mobile 💩 . Looking for calls blocking app, but the apps collect a lot of your data. So I`m thinking what to choose. 🤨

Things are going well now.

I used to use an app for call blocking - I can't remember the name but the logo was an octopus. I think it was called Should I answer?

Morning Everybody from Arvada, Colorado. Still OK here, plumbing is essential as always. Is anyone else having a hard time finding willing employees? Not many applicants since Covid hit, but the work never slowed down.

Morning all - doing ok here, especially as I'm trying to slow down a bit now I'm approaching 63.
Business has been good up to now and I've had my second jab (on Tuesday) with relatively small side effects although I think that what I experienced might have been more to do with having the jab in the morning and then doing 3 hours of martial arts training in the evening :)
I hope that everyone is staying safe and remembering to sanitize hands and wear a mask (properly, not just over the mouth) when inside, if there are others present that is.
I've been doing the lateral flow tests twice a week as well because I do a fair bit of work in care homes. I was travelling 8 miles to get the test done but now I can do it at home it really helps to ease the pressure on my time

Time to off load 😜 , what the hell is happening out there my workload is off the scale I'm drowning in work looking six months ahead now done my usual and over commited what a dick 😂😂 , now have to spend all the summer months stuck in bathrooms with the odd day off for boiler stuff , now pushing work to my stepson huge two storey extension today , I have two kitchen fitters I work in with they are the same so got to keep them happy as well , the wife is still off work now 13 weeks after a fall at home broke both her wrists all healing well after a small op on the left one but still a weakness there no way she can do her old job just yet, me own body's hurting knees are shot struggling a bit 🥴 on the bright side weathers set to change a few things in the diary to look forward to double jabbed so now not so worried keep well all .

Regards kop

I’ve worked through the pandemic, only things that are different is: our customers attitude - some think the jab is the be all and end all. Also our working policy is to wear a mask still until August. I was and still am undecided about the jab. PPE has remained the same, gloves and mask. Minor supply issues.

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.
Question to anybody out there..... would you say 6 foot 5 is too tall to become a plumber ????

It's a long way down mate 🤣🤣 seriously Ive a mate 6 ' 2" and his back is shot it can take its toll on your body over the years . Kop

I can attest to bad back / you have to watch what you do also it’s a pain eg kitchen cupboard/ tight lofts

Morning all, hope all is well in the plumbing world. It was bloody hot yesterday and as hot if not hotter today. Enjoy it while it lasts as apparently it's the last we're having for 2021. boooooo

Hotter still here Dan 🤣 enjoying some r and r .kop

Attachments

• PXL_20210906_141533637.jpg
    PXL_20210906_141533637.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 4
Morning all, hope all is well in the plumbing world. It was bloody hot yesterday and as hot if not hotter today. Enjoy it while it lasts as apparently it's the last we're having for 2021. boooooo
Raining here. Welcome to Devon!

Not raining, but typical English grey day without sun and around 15°C at a guess. Unusual to have a dry grey day here at 3000ft altitude, so I'm guessing it will rain at some point.

Reply to Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock