Search the forum,

Discuss Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning everyone! Who has got snow today? We just have a thick frost here!

Good morning all!

I've been working on the ads again and although some subscribed will see ads around the forum only for the next couple of days.

You'll notice I got in very early this morning. It's 00:29 so I'm off to bed, now the ads are at least not covering content.

I'll sort the user groups out in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience people 🙂 🙏

I've been working on the ads again and although some subscribed will see ads around the forum only for the next couple of days.
With my browsers (safari macos and iPad), ads are currently making the site virtually unusable. A few weeks ago, it started injecting 'vertical banners', i.e about 2cm wide and 10cm long into posts. In some cases, e.g. Lou's post above repeated several times. This tends to affects the first dozen or so posts on a forum. It seems to be slightly better when I am logged in but when not logged in it's difficult to see any actual posts.

I can't believe what I'm currently experiencing is what you intend. If, for some obscure reason, you are not seeing what I'm describing I can try to make a video that illustrates the point.

With my browsers (safari macos and iPad), ads are currently making the site virtually unusable. A few weeks ago, it started injecting 'vertical banners', i.e about 2cm wide and 10cm long into posts. In some cases, e.g. Lou's post above repeated several times. This tends to affects the first dozen or so posts on a forum. It seems to be slightly better when I am logged in but when not logged in it's difficult to see any actual posts.

I can't believe what I'm currently experiencing is what you intend. If, for some obscure reason, you are not seeing what I'm describing I can try to make a video that illustrates the point.
Morning Chuck!

It is not what we intend so apologies for that. Dan has been working on the ads for the past few weeks as Google have been making some big changes.

What you can see is not going to be the final version.

Thanks for sticking it out!

Happy New Week!

Anyone starting any new projects this week?

Morning all. Lou and I are having a nice breakfast in the Weatherspoons next to the Award Winning Queens Gardens in Newcastle Under Lyme. :)

Free good coffee all day now. And we get out of the office.

Dan must have been messing with setttings!!

Morning all did everyone have a good weekend?

Monday Morning and I have two cuts on the tip of my thumb and index finger on my right hand! Typing is already a pain in the aR$e.

I think the boss @Dan needs to give me a days off. It effects mouse clicking too!!!!

Last edited:
Well we all made it through another wet and windy week! Not long now till the clocks go forward! How has it been youur end?

Its Raining GIF by Garfield

Someone come and say hello - I do not bite! Lets get a waffle going!

I have got a lot of emails to reply to this morning but at least the weekend is nearly here!

Spending hours on phone trying to get HMRC to fix their wrong calculation and unwind all the incorrectly applied penalties. They are unbelievably bad.

Has anybody noticed that when you ask them why they haven't replied to a letter after more than 4 months they immediately (i.e. without even checking) say 'We have not received it, you need to send it again.' It was, however, delivered and signed for by their Newcastle 'address for couriers' and they are simply lying. Ask for their name and say you are going to submit a complaint and suddenly they can 'search the post system' and magically find that it was received but hasn't been looked at yet.

My blood pressure, which is normally a touch below 130/80 was more than 180/90 after the last conversation.

I'm collecting a list of 'tricks' that HMRC are currently using to rig their performance statistics, which I intend to pass on to my MP. A current favourite seems to be to start processing a claim and then dream up a idiotic/irrelevant question that they send via their outsourced (?) postal system and that takes a month to be printed and arrive. This tactic allows them to put the claim back at the end of the queue for processing and reset the clock on their performance figures.

Last edited:
Yep but when it’s on the other foot they hound you as you’ve found out

Blinking government departments, they are all the same and so frustrating at the best of times! My BP going up just thinking about them.

At least its Friday, anyone got any plans this weekend?

Morning everyone!

Kids are off and it is Easter this weekend!

What are your plans?

Tell us about them here!

Lurker here but thought I would join in the conversation.

Today I am going to change some bathroom taps for a customer I have had for years. He is elderly now and wants easier taps to use.

Easter wise heading to the coast on Thursday afternoon to try and beat the traffic for a few days RnR.

Thanks for this forum it is an invaluable resource! I am going to subscribe because the amount of times this forum has helped me out, I feel like I should pay it on.

Morning everybody! I believe it's Maundy Thursday today! Not long till we can all stuff our faces with chocolate!🍫

Happy Easter Eggs GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Thanks for posting @brokenboiler and subscribing. Really helps to keep the forum online! how did your tap job go?

I would be spending my lunch break reading plumbersforums but the adverts have gone mad again here so it's 'The Golden Hour' on Radio Devon with my ham+cheese sandwiches instead today.

Reply to Morning Everybody - Hope all is well? - What have we got on, how are we all doing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock