Search the forum,

Discuss Monument oliver puller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Any one used a monument olive puller the type you screw the but on the and it pulls the olive off? Any good?

Good but slow. I find the 22mm end piece won't unscrew at all easily once its been used and you want to go back to 15mm mode. The tommy bar is small, and the plastic end pieces which are supposed to keep it in place come off and get lost.

Overall, if I lost mine, I'd replace it, but I prefer the olive cutting type, which are great provided you're careful not to cut the pipe.

An olive cutter will snip it off safely as well as work with all diameter olives, the puller is a pain.

It has its limitations, and there is an argument for splitter being better (but seems to be designed for bigger hands than mine!). Also, you can use the puller where you can't use a hacksaw, whereas, where you can't use a hacksaw, you can't use a splitter either. Worth having a puller for that reason alone.

Monument puller is, however, much better than the Silverline version. Although they look almost the same, Monument is smoother and less force required. Not used it enough to wear it out yet, so can't comment on longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monument oliver puller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock