Search the forum,

Discuss Monument masters benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Now these have been out a little while can anyone give an honest review???

I've watched a few youtubers recommending them and they do look the biz tbf as you can pull really tight bends very easily. A couple of other plumbers I know luv'em, no formers to carry around only problem is you need one for each size but they are so much less of a faff to use the benefits seem to outweigh the overall cost and inconvenience of carrying around two sets but they are smaller and lighter than combi benders. I'll get some sooner than later I expect.

That was my thinking, I was doing a job in a confined space the other day and after the handle of my 22/15 bender hit me in the head for the 20th time I was ready to launch them. But they are tried and tested in 99.9% of other jobs but I am curious

Surely one of our guys on here has them?? We love gadgets

It’s a no from me :D

No you’ve not tried or no you no likey?????

Not tried and plus it’s another bender to carry / find space for

:D problem is then I need a new license as it would be over 3.5 tones

It’s a tough one. Can’t you do up to 7.5 ton ? When did you pass

Ooh shiny!
But - the guides are plastic. I don't get it. I just can't see a component that takes so much force lasting if its plastic. Jury is out.

Ooh shiny!
But - the guides are plastic. I don't get it. I just can't see a component that takes so much force lasting if its plastic. Jury is out.
Nah they are made of nylon which is very tough, they might wear eventually but you'll have a job breaking them as they are being used under compression.

Ive got them, I wasn't that impressed with them at first but they have grown on me.

Although you don't have the problem of needing a guide anymore, you do have a new problem of storing 2 sets of pipe benders rather than one. Im lucky that Ive found space in my van for them, but if you are short on storage then a combi bender is better.

I don't think they make bending much easier, and the handle gets in the way when eying up sets to see if they are inline or not. Id also say that the handle extensions are essential unless your are built like a gorilla, the standard handles are pretty short and don't give much leverage when pulling 22mm.

I like Andrew Millward's videos, seems like a down to earth engineer. Very thorough.
He says they're good:

I have the 15mm set. They are pretty short so storing is not an issue. I strap them on my bahco soldering kit bag. They are so easy to use as it retains a decent length of 15mm in the first section of the bender whilst you hook the second part. No messing about trying to hook the former in. It creates a nice bend and so quickly. For just pulling short 90s or offsets, not fighting with the weight and size of the arms of a traditional bender, this thing is way better. You can also get extension handles that are 1/2inch thread which somebody pointed out the other day can be used as handles to carry around the big rads. You don't need the handles for 15mm, its pretty easy. I have found myself pulling bends more often on small jobs rather than using fittings and soldering as its now more convenient than previous, when i couldn't be bothered to go and get my benders from the van. I still have to have traditional benders for 22 but i should just get the 22 set also really. Id suggest for you to pull the trigger and get a set as they are brilliant.

Reply to Monument masters benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock