Search the forum,

Discuss Monument 362W Pipe Ready Chrome Remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
I've got 16 TRV's and rads to change over and move and every one of them has pipe with the dreaded white paint on them, and some will need chrome removed from the pipes for soldering. They will not be going back exactly in the same place, so the pipe will need prepd and the paint removed first before making new connections, some of which will be soldered, and the towel rads are going back in new chrome pipe.

Rather than getting the file/gas torch/footprints out and around the pipe, has anyone used the tool in the post's title from Monument? This is one chore I find annoying and looking for a quicker solution.

I just thought that after all these years, that someone would have invented a modern attachment that would have made this chore quicker and easier than grips and emery paper, especially for chrome plate removal.

Grinder and a sanding pad

Reply to Monument 362W Pipe Ready Chrome Remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock