Search the forum,

Discuss Monoblock mixertap -replace? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening all,
I've just been out to quote my first job - twenty year old monoblock kitchen mixertap, whines loud on hot tap and spout is worn and loose but doesn't leak. Did I make the right decision to recommend a new tap?

it sounds like you could change the washers instead of the tap but twenty years old they have had there money out of it , if they are happy to change it then change it

I had the same problem with my neighbours monobloc tap. Tried the washers/re seating etc but swung them round to having a new tap instead.

:)

Thanks for the advice guys, they have gone for a new tap which I am supplying and will be fitting on Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monoblock mixertap -replace? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock