Search the forum,

Discuss mono basin mixer tap issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garyng10

I have fitted a mono block mixer tap to my basin and are having issue when turning the cold water on.
A noise comes from the tap even when using the mixer, but the hot water is silent. I have done the following:

removed and cleaned the cartridge. still no change in noise.
flushed out the tap without the above fitted, still no change in noise.
adjusted the ball o fix fitting to reduce the flow, still no change in noise.

There is a knocking noise when turning the tap off, but this happens to all the cold water taps, but is loudest when using this tap in question. noise comes from the main inlet into the house and is only one time when turning the tap off.

do I need to fit another reducer?

any advice will be appreciated.

Hello and welcome. Your water pressure on the mains needs checked to see if it is high. A pressure reducing valve (PRV) could be fitted if needed just after the main stopcock.
You need to keep the stopcock fully turned on, consider getting a new washer in it or replacing entire stopcock. A shock arrester can help
Ballofix valves can cause a lot of extra noise if closed down much.
Pipes need clipped everywhere also.
You perhaps should think of getting a different tap.
Edit, - I should have asked what type of system you have?

Is your tap that you've fitted ok for what seems your high pressure system?

Best post above tell you what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mono basin mixer tap issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock