Search the forum,

Discuss Monbloc Tap Securing Query. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a kitchen mixer tap with filtered water that needs replacing. It is mounted through granite worktop. The hole in the granite I'm guessing is 22mm. Certainly not wide enough for the ~32mm pipe that comes with the new tap. The tap that is currently on there appears to have horseshoe fitting to secure it with 'threaded pipe' going through the hole in the horseshoe. (Not a bolt as I've seen before). The threaded pipe I guess screwed into the filtered water inlet? Before I take the tap off I cant think of another way of doing this. The new tap has only 32mm pipe for all three water pipes to pass through to the tap. Thats not going to work. so should I just use the smaller threaded pipe from the old tap going to the filtered water to secure this? Sorry if this sounds confusing! Cant/ dont want to enlarge the hole in the granite! any advice appreciated.

sink.jpg

I think you're guessing wrong, most monoblocks are 32mm
That tap has 2 flexis of around 12mm outer diameter with gaps between them.

Loosen the brass nut on the filtered pipe so the horseshoe drops down then measure the hole in the granite.

I think you're guessing wrong, most monoblocks are 32mm
That tap has 2 flexis of around 12mm outer diameter with gaps between them.

Loosen the brass nut on the filtered pipe so the horseshoe drops down then measure the hole in the granite.
Thank you for looking. Will try and get a chance to loosen tomorrow. The tap I have to replace this one with has 3 flexi of same size as the 2 in this picture. The filtered is also a flexi so Im curious if the solid one in this picture can be used to replace the flexi the new one. Will just have to see when I take it off.

Reply to Monbloc Tap Securing Query. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock