Search the forum,

Discuss MLCP Pipe & Press Fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Uheat – Jake

Official Sponsor
Rep
We stock a wide range of MLCP Pipe and Fittings and are constantly speaking to plumbers about MLCP and how it can reduce installation times and also reduce material costs, but we'd like to know why you use MLCP, or if you still prefer Copper or Pushfit? So what are peoples opinions on MLCP?

Mlcp is great hate plastic so when threading through joists mlcp is a dream and tbh by the meter is cheaper than copper and plastic, just the fittings are slightly more than endfeed but the same price as push fit fittings

anothing thing is it’s guaranteed once you press unless it’s user error etc

and it’s quick can first fix a house depending on runs in about two days

Attachments

• 88B4EAE0-5D1B-4A94-98BB-F80057A77A5A.jpeg
    88B4EAE0-5D1B-4A94-98BB-F80057A77A5A.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 4C50DBE7-D18C-4A17-847A-57B3E27845E2.jpeg
    4C50DBE7-D18C-4A17-847A-57B3E27845E2.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 76636EC2-2163-45E5-A10B-72AE583F8038.jpeg
    76636EC2-2163-45E5-A10B-72AE583F8038.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 53
  • B4C17BFD-346C-49EF-ADB2-2BAEFCD725E5.jpeg
    B4C17BFD-346C-49EF-ADB2-2BAEFCD725E5.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 53
Mlcp is great hate plastic so when threading through joists mlcp is a dream and tbh by the meter is cheaper than copper and plastic, just the fittings are slightly more than endfeed but the same price as push fit fittings

anothing thing is it’s guaranteed once you press unless it’s user error etc

and it’s quick can first fix a house depending on runs in about two days

Very nice installations, I think it also looks a lot better then copper as well. What Brand of pipe and fittings do you use?

Copper for me. Cant justify the massive cost of the press fit tools.

Is it something you'd want to use if one of the press tools where cheaper?

Very nice installations, I think it also looks a lot better then copper as well. What Brand of pipe and fittings do you use?

Is it something you'd want to use if one of the press tools where cheaper?

tweetop only reason its cheap :D

Hi all

Always used copper with either endfeed or compression fittings as I know once done it's done. I know we live in a plastic throwaway world now but plastic has its place but not in my pipework. I have seen a plastic push fit connector let go when the spring washer inside broke, ok perhaps the pipe should have been clipped both sides of the fitting but it was not and when the owners came back after a weekend away several ceilings had come down and one hell of a mess. I don't mind being restricted to 3 metre lengths and having to join as peace of mind prevails. Maybe when the day comes that plastic is approved for gas then I will have more confidence.

Copper here too, think it looks good and its reliable and the pyro in me loves soldering. Like the look of MLCP but really can't afford to invest in expensive tools at the moment but might look into it when a bit more financially stable.

Reply to MLCP Pipe & Press Fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock