Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing metals on compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Annoyingly I have used a copper nut on a steel isolation valve and the corresponding steel nut on a compression copper fitting (15mm). Should I dismantle and redo? I will have to buy a length of plastic pipe and new olives as well as drain system. Or will it be OK?

I very much doubt you have ? Never seen a copper nut on a steel valve i think you are getting confused please post a picture so we can see your delemia. Kop

The fitting was from screwfix described as brass, steel and plastic.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-...p=managedredirect-_-plumbing-_-isolatingvalve

I attach two photos. Thanks for help so far
IMG_20190604_074236.jpg
IMG_20190604_074257.jpg

It will be fine (as long as you used inserts mentioned).
For future reference, the valve is Brass which has been Chrome plated and the gold coloured nut is Brass. There are stainless steel and plastic components inside the valve.

The ones with the extra blue o ring eg the super seal ones ?

The pipe has the blue plastic lining, but the inserts are solid white. See picture. Should I use different ones for copper compression fittings?
IMG_20190604_085300.jpg

What olives have you used on the speed fit? I've had a couple pop in the past and now only use copper olives as they dig in better.

Reply to Mixing metals on compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock