Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Tap Removal please help in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Please can some advise how I remove the mixer tap above these images. This retaining bracket is fixed on well and I don’t think there will be room for it to spin around. The hot water flexi seems to have come loose from the tap as it is leaking quite heavily. Unless something has failed inside the tap. I made sure it was not water coming through from above from the seals. I have turned off the hot water isolating valve. I assumed it would be a box spanner but I can’t see the nut? There is some winged plastic clip in this metal bracket as well. Any help would be great. Thanks a lot. Phil

Attachments

• 9AD3798F-2160-42FD-84F9-6293A15FB5A8.jpeg
    9AD3798F-2160-42FD-84F9-6293A15FB5A8.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 23
  • B60CE4EA-D303-4D28-B6D1-6B4F4EACB5D3.jpeg
    B60CE4EA-D303-4D28-B6D1-6B4F4EACB5D3.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 24
Top side through the hole on the back that’s normally for the push / pull waste rod

Top side through the hole on the back that’s normally for the push / pull waste rod
The push pull rod did come out of that bracket you are spot on. But I assumed the bracket would be bracing the tap aswell. Do you think I need to ignore that bracket altogether and see if there is a nut past the bracket through the hole? And get a box spanner up there somehow. It’s all very tight.
The leak came from nowhere can the flexi tales work themselves loose from the tap? If the pipe is knocked, I’m hoping I just need to nip it up. I imagined if something had failed in the tap the cold would be leaking too but that is fine and working.

The push pull rod did come out of that bracket you are spot on. But I assumed the bracket would be bracing the tap aswell. Do you think I need to ignore that bracket altogether and see if there is a nut past the bracket through the hole? And get a box spanner up there somehow. It’s all very tight.
The leak came from nowhere can the flexi tales work themselves loose from the tap? If the pipe is knocked, I’m hoping I just need to nip it up. I imagined if something had failed in the tap the cold would be leaking too but that is fine and working.

if you put an Allen key down from the top side of the tap through the rod hole you will be able to undo it,

Reply to Mixer Tap Removal please help in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock