Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer tap for basin query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

At present I have a single one hole mixer tap in the bathroom basin but would like to know is it possible to get a thermostatic mixer tap for a basin? I have a thermostatic shower which is great and the basin tap isn't great and it would be great to install a tap with a temperature I can control just like my shower.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

1. Yes, you can get them. Search for "thermostatic basin mixer tap".
2. Make sure you get one which suits your system pressure.
2a. If you have a tank fed system, the basin tap pressure of a first floor bathroom with tanks in the loft above will be about 0.2 bar, so low pressure. I doubt you will find a thermostatic basin mixer for this type of system.
2b. If you have a combi boiler, an unvented hot water cylinder or a pumped supply, the pressure is likely to be 1.0 bar or higher, so high pressure.

Would this kind of tap be any good for high pressure water? and do thermostatic basin mixer taps usually cost a bit more than normal tap? Would there be any alternatives to a thermostatic basin mixer tap?
  • Boiler: Vokera Easi heat 25 combi boiler
  • Water supply: Incoming water for hot and cold water is via the mains water supply
  • Boiler on kitchen wall is about 10 metres from bathroom
Flow rate of 10.2l/minute with a 35deg rise
Cold water from tap filled 10 litre bucket in 25 seconds
Hot water from tap filled 10 litre bucket in 60 seconds

Last edited:

Reply to Mixer tap for basin query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock