Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower with low pressure hot and high pressure cold supply - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

payvpac

Hello

I am currently getting my bathroom refitted. I want to replace the thermostatic mixer shower above the bath. I got one from Screwfix - Triton Tesla for a good price, but when I read the box it stated that it should not be connected to a gravity fed hot supply and a mains cold supply. Unfortunately this is the exact set up in my house. My hot pressure is around 0.25 bar (unsure of the cold mains pressure).

I have done a little reading around and have seen the Venturi Trevi Boost showers. These seem to fit the bill, but are awfully expensive at around £300.

I spoke to the plumber I know and he said that I would be wasting my money and suggested I go for a Deva Response bar shower mixer at around half the price. It does say that this is suitable for unbalanced systems (but does not state how unbalanced).

I dont want an electric shower.

Basically should I
a) Keep the Triton Tesla I have already bought
b) Spend the money and get a Trevi Boost
c) Take my plumbers advice and get the Deva Response shower
d) another option!

I obviously want a shower that will be safe and have a reasonable quality spray.

Many thanks

a, no (it won't work)
b, no (its a fudge up option and not that good)
c, no, (wouldnt guarantee success)
d, bring a cold supply down from the header tank to feed the shower. Anything else is a bodge up

Is the bathroom upstairs with the tank in the roof above? If so its easy to plumb in a cold feed - just chase into the wall or drop through stoothing if its a drywall.

Last edited:
Yes the bathroom upstairs and the tank in the loft. May ask my bathroom fitter about this.
Thanks

It's the only way to go to do it right.

Problem with bathroom fitters is they (usually) aren't qualified plumbers.

If in doubt, do to the Manufacturers instructions!

Tank must also comply with hygiene requirements (i.e. close fitting lid and byelaw hygiene kit fitted)

Last edited:
WHPES has stated the best way to sort this. However, I did help install a Trevi boost in the same circumstances once and it worked perfectly and the owner was perfectly happy. But yes, pricey.

I have used trevi boosts on a few occasions and yes it may be a compromise but it does work and delivers a far better shower than a gravity fed one will.

Thanks for all your comments. Have spoken to my bathroom fitter (who is a plumber). He is going to put a feed in from the tank in the loft, so will just use the shower as a gravity fed. Iwas tempted by the Trevi Boost, but I have shower in the ensuite which is purely gravity fed and am perfectly happy with it, so will be happy with the same performance in the bathroom. (Plus I am on a water meter so should save me a few pennies in the long run!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower with low pressure hot and high pressure cold supply - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock