Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower runs lukewarm despite actual tap being red hot to touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liam Henderson

Hello all,

I’m having a little trouble with the below and would appreciated some suggestions as to what the problem may be! Generally speaking I want to determine whether it’s a faulty boiler or a faulty shower, or both.

Showerforce 902-T Thermostatic mixer shower produces only lukewarm water. However, the mixer is red hot to the touch at point of connection with hot water pipe.

Water is delivered from a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler (situated in same room).

Furthermore, the lukewarm water sporadically turns cold for approx 10 seconds before returning to the original temperature. This coincides with the boiler cutting out, then getting momentarily louder as it fires up again.

All other hot water outlets in the flat deliver hot water as expected with not issues whatsoever. There are also no issues with the heating.

Could a faulty cartridge be the culprit? And as for the boiler, could it be a back-up of hot water in the pipes that it making it cut out?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Liam

Has the problem mixer been working fine up til now? If so it's probably the thermostatic cartridge. If it's a new mixer, then it could be a problem with the pipework to it (restriction or hot and cold piped the wrong way), a non return valve jammed, blocked filter or the thermo cartridge could be faulty.

Apprieciate the replies!

Only moved in to the property 10 months ago and it's always been the same. However, the boiler cut outs during the shower has become a little more regular the past month or so so keen to get fixed.

Although the mixer looks reletively new its only a cheap one so rather than mess about with parts i'm leaning towards just replacing the whole mixer.

Hopefully the boiler cut out is directly linked to the faulty mixer although of course it could be two seperate issues altogether and just a coincidence

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up Tom - will replace the mixer then. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the heads up Tom - will replace the mixer then. Fingers crossed!

Hi Liam, you can find some well priced mixer showers on my site here: [DLMURL="http://showerdoctor.co.uk/mixer-showers/"]Mixer Showers[/DLMURL]
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower runs lukewarm despite actual tap being red hot to touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock