Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower - mains cold - gravity hot in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've seen a few posts about not using mains cold with gravity fed hot.

Ours is only about 0.1 bar for the hot.

The reasons given vary from possible backflow into hot cylinder to hard to get a good mix.

In that case how does the kitchen mixer tap work - that mixes gravity hot and mains cold to give warm water with no extra components as far as I can see. Why can't the same principle be used on a shower?

I've been to a house where on a bath it was a mixer tap with mains cold, and gravity hot, with a shower hose from the tap, and it was always very delicate operation to get a not too hot not too cold shower.

Our hot flows at 5l per minute. So when mixed with mains cold could get maybe 6 or 7 or more if hot is set to a hotter temp, which starts to make a decent shower.

Thanks
Walter.

It’s more down to the showers arnt designed for low pressure these days too restrictive

Reply to Mixer shower - mains cold - gravity hot in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock