Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Cold Tap Leaking from Top in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I2h

Hi, I have a Tre Mercati Bridge Sink Mixer Tap. The taps are screw down. The cold water tap leaks from the top when turned on (the water wells up around the top). When off it then still tends to leak a little. I've taken it apart but the O rings all appear to be OK. I've taken some photos and would appreciate any advice - thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks - as the water is coming out of the top of the nut (around the spindle) putting tape around the thread didn't make any difference. I've put some around the spindle inside and although this has stopped the water coming out when the tap is turned off, it still wells up when the tap is running! I don't really understand how the tap works, so will have to google it so I can see what should be happening. Thanks again (in the meantime I can at least leave the supply on now and just wipe away the water when I use the tap).

Looks like the thread on the spindle and head gear connections need re-greasing. Maybe there’s not enough tape applied, is the nut tight enough? Maybe obtain some o-rings for the spindle.

Thanks (both) for your advice - took it apart again to measure the O rings - when I put it back together I tried wrapping the O rings with tape as suggested and so far so good. I'll get some O rings anyway. Thanks again.

Reply to Mixer Cold Tap Leaking from Top in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock